Flood Insurance

Are you prepared in case of a disaster?

Standard Home Insurance Doesn't Cover Flooding

It’s important to have protection from floods associated with hurricanes, tropical storms, heavy rains and other conditions that impact the U.S. Flood insurance protects two types of insurable property: building and contents.

Building Coverage Includes:

The insured building and its foundation
The electrical and plumbing system
Central air conditioning equipment, furnaces, and water heaters
Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built-in appliances such as dishwashers
Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring

Contents Coverage Includes:

Clothing, furniture, and electronic equipment
Portable and window air conditioners
Portable microwaves and dishwashers
Carpeting that is not already included in property coverage
Clothing washers and dryers

National Flood Insurance Program

In 1968, Congress created the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) to help provide a means for property owners to financially protect themselves. The NFIP offers flood insurance to homeowners, renters, and business owners if their community participates in the NFIP.

Participating communities agree to adopt and enforce ordinances that meet or exceed FEMA requirements to reduce the risk of flooding. Find out more about the NFIP and how it can help you protect yourself.